Vernon Hills (Chicago), ILCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and X-ray systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONProvide a high level of customer support through troubleshooting user issues that affect productivity. Perform maintenance and administrative tasks related to network connectivity and software configuration changes while optimizing system performance. Ensure support is provided in a professional and friendly manner, with an emphasis on urgent response. Act as lead on smaller projects and team member on larger projects.
- Serve as primary contact person for all initial technical user support request via email/Helpdesk or phone
- Complete desktop support responsibilities including handling move, change, patching and re-building system request
- Document IT support incidents, work on support request base on assign ticket in queues
- Responsible for IT procurements while ensuring all assets are documented within record system
- Coordinate with vendors to handle warranty renewals as well as IT support service contracts
- Setup, install, isolate, troubleshoot, configure and optimize user as well as lab workstation, projectors and various peripherals
- Provide support to CMRU corporate users, remote users, remote offices as well provide extended coverage over lab equipment
- Maintain, enforce and adhere to CMRU policies, while educating new employees on IT related policies.
- Research, test and recommend new IT technologies to improve computing environment
- Create and maintain separate IT test environments to study new technologies and configurations
- Administer enterprise applications such as active directory, antivirus, email and backup environment, phone system as needed.
- Provide 2nd level desktop support and assist in enterprise hardware /application support planning, designing, upgrading, administration, optimizing and troubleshooting. Applications may include active directory, Email, Skype for Business, Microsoft GP, SQL, backup and VMware Provide extended support for lab network and lab servers
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related industry experience
- 3+ years related work experience in a helpdesk/administrator role Working knowledge of Windows Server 2016/2019 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP topology
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated to learn new things
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Highly curious about how things work
- Ability to complete domestic travel (up to 5% of time)