South San Francisco, CA
Canon Medical Research USA–Procurement & Export Division (CMRU–P&E) is the United States branch of our Japanese parent company, Canon Medical Systems Corporation (CMSC), responsible for purchasing/exporting U.S. materials, components, products and services for use by CMSC and affiliated companies.
CMRU–P&E is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
CMRU–P&E has immediate openings for both a Buyer and Senior Buyer in our South San Francisco office.
Summary of Position
The Buyer is an entry to mid-level Buyer position in the P&E Division and the responsibilities include processing a mix of routine and/or repeat orders with established Suppliers and new product/Supplier orders.
B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent.
Three to five years purchasing or related experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook). Aptitude with ERP/MRP systems also required.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of procurement, logistics and exporting practices and basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers for continuous cost reduction.
- Strong verbal and written communication and follow-through skills.
- Must be flexible and willing to accept and perform additional responsibilities as assigned by manager or others in the group.
- Able to follow established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail in managing multiple priorities.