South San Francisco, CA
Canon Medical Research USA–Procurement & Export Division (CMRU–P&E) is the United States branch of our Japanese parent company, Canon Medical Systems Corporation (CMSC), responsible for purchasing/exporting U.S. materials, components, products and services for use by CMSC and affiliated companies.
CMRU–P&E is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
CMRU–P&E has immediate openings for both a Buyer and Senior Buyer in our South San Francisco office.
Summary of Position
The Senior Buyer will manage vendor relationships by conferring with suppliers and customers and analyzing supplier's operations and customer's requirements to determine factors that affect prices. The Senior Buyer will facilitate a process with customers to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required delivery schedules. Additional responsibilities include reviewing proposals, negotiating prices, recommending and selecting suppliers, analyzing trends, verifying delivery schedules, approving payments, and maintaining necessary records.
B.S. or B.A. degree in logistics, supply chain management or business preferred or equivalent experience, with five+ years of purchasing experience or two years with a Master's Degree.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook). Proficiency in ERP/MRP systems also required.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of procurement, logistics and exporting practices and basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability start and complete projects within established deadlines and to continuously improve processes.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers for continuous cost reduction.
- Strong verbal and written communication and follow-through skills.
- Must perform both independently and within a team environment and communicate/interact in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail in managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to travel on short notice (domestic and international).