Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) has an immediate opening for a CT Reconstruction Scientist to participate in addressing problems related to CT imaging technologies and image formation.
- Develop and validate advanced CT data correction algorithms, such as beam hardening correction, scatter correction, artifact correction, etc.
- Develop advanced CT reconstruction algorithms, including both analytical and statistical methods.
- Develop advanced image processing techniques to refine image quality.
- Evaluate CT system performance and perform quantitative image assessment.
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partners in various research projects.
- Contribute to corporate intellectual property portfolio.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Physics/Engineering Physics, Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science in Image and Signal processing or equivalent.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum four (4) years related experience and/or training, preferably in a product development environment; academic or research settings will be considered as well.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to write presentations and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisor, groups, and/or senior management.
Ability to apply concepts from the following fields:
- Mathematical analysis: differentiation and integration
- Linear algebra
- Numerical analysis
- Digital signal processing
- Radiation physics
- Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Programming language (C/C++), Scientific Programming (Matlab), and software for creating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Some national and international travel may be required.
Our facility is located in Vernon Hills, a northern suburb of Chicago. CMRU prides itself on creating an atmosphere that is conducive to creativity and promotes an effective work/life balance. As a CMRU employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Our facility is located in Vernon Hills, a northern suburb of Chicago.
CMRU prides itself on creating an atmosphere that is conducive to creativity and promotes an effective work/life balance. As a CMRU employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).