Vernon Hills, (Chicago) IL
CANON MEDICAL RESEARCH USA, INC.
is currently hiring for our ADVANCE Internship Program
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is proud to announce the launch of our 2024 ADVANCE internship program. Students will contribute at the forefront of innovation in medical imaging working alongside leading scientists and engineers as we develop and deliver the latest technology to our parent company Canon Medical Systems Corporation.
The ADVANCE Program is a structured program with goals and expectations designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience by participating in significant work projects. Students will take on assignments throughout the term related to CMRU project needs depending on their skills and interests. The goal of these activities is to make important contributions to CMRU programs while at the same time significantly advancing the student’s professional and personal development.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU is looking for two qualified interns to join our Computed Tomography (CT) research department where the students will participate in exciting projects using latest technology for medical imaging. Students will be mentored by leading experts in the field to gain hands-on experience to develop and validate products, explore the full potential for various clinical applications and features, and contribute to the next generation of spectral CT system. It offers a great opportunity to see how your research ideas can come to life and make a difference in countries around the world.
- Develop advanced algorithms to address complex research problems in Computed Tomography.
- Design and implement advanced algorithms for next-generation products, such as Photon Counting CT.
- Improve physical corrections and contribute to image quality evaluations.
- Summarize work in the form of reports and presentations.
- The ideal candidate is a full-time graduate student at an accredited college or university working towards a M.S. or Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Medical Physics, Physics or related field in STEM.
Experience & Key Competencies
- Strong background in image reconstruction, signal and image processing, machine learning, and computer vision.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning is strongly preferred. Familiar with at least one neural network training frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, and MatConvnet.
- Good understanding of X-ray physics and system. Familiar with spectral CT/Photon-counting CT related system design, calibration and image formation chain is a plus.
- Hands on experience in tomographic reconstruction, medical imaging, data correction or other imaging-related fields is preferred.
- Knowledge of CT clinical applications and anatomy is a plus.
- Strong analytical and programming skills in languages such as C/C++/Python/MATLAB, etc.
Time and Location Commitment
- Both positions are temporary, full-time and require a commitment of 12 weeks, 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. The term can be adjusted somewhat to accommodate the academic calendar on an as needed basis.
- Both positions are based in CMRU’s main office in Vernon Hills (Chicago), Illinois.
- A hybrid work schedule will allow the ideal candidates the flexibility to work from home on some days and from the office on other days based on the needs of the project and business requirements.
- Students must be working towards a M.S. or Ph.D.
- Student must have taken several related courses in the filed in which they will be assigned.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Students are responsible for securing their housing.