Vernon Hills, IL
Summary of Position
Canon Medical Research USA has an immediate opening for a Detector Scientist (entry or senior level) to participate research and development of detector systems for Positron Emission Tomography (PET) or X-ray Computed Tomography (CT). Our research group investigates detector and system design, data acquisition methods and calibration algorithms. We publish research and also build proof of concepts and product-ready prototypes.
- Develop and refine new detector system designs.
- Translate ideas into testable prototypes, product requirements and specifications in conjunction with engineers.
- Conduct simulations, lab experiments and imaging-system level tests in order to understand the impact of detector, signal processing electronics and calibration methods.
- Document, present and review new ideas, research details and conclusions.
- Collaborate on conference presentation, published articles and patents.
Ph.D. or equivalent in Physics, Engineering Physics, Medical Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
- Expertise in radiation physics, photodetectors, electronics and Monte-Carlo simulation.
- Familiar with detector testing instruments. Ability to design, set up and carry out experiments.
- Familiar with common programming languages and analytical software.
- Ability to read, interpret and write scientific and technical documents.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in group and to report concisely and clearly to management.
- Experience in Digital PET or Spectral CT is a plus.