Cleveland (Mayfield Village), Ohio
Company DescriptionCMRU is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products. CMRU, is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large. CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct MR advanced development programs.
- Serve as strategic liaison and adviser to our parent company, Canon Medical Systems Corporation (CMSC), in meeting their development and business goals.
- Participate in the review of new product technology opportunities and initiatives. Recommend resource assignments in support of business and development initiatives.
- Provide scientific and business input to executives, project leads, direct reports and staff working on all MR projects.
- Advise on solutions to complex scientific or business problems or issues arising during development or research programs.
- Prepare and/or review data and information to support regulatory submissions.
- Ensure a high-performing MR staff through effective recruiting, training and coaching of employees.
- Ph.D. in Physics, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or graduate degree and equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years of comparable professional and technical job experience.
- Prior positions that involve general management of technical teams.
- Broad MR Physics knowledge.
- Proven success in building and leading technical teams and developing talent.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate (verbal, written, listening)
- Proven ability to proactively develop strategy and effectively and efficiently execute strategy through team members.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong ties to Japan (CMSC) engineering and business leaders.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesDirect and lead four key members of the MR leadership team:
- Senior Manager, MR Safety and Regulatory Research
- Manager, MR Software
- Manager, MR Hardware
- Manager, Methods Development
Apply for this position