Mayfield Village (Cleveland), OhioCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and X-ray systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As the Director of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research & Development at Canon Medical Research USA (CMRU), you will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to key research and development programs for Canon Medical Magnetic Resonance Imaging products. You will lead a team at CMRU who specializes in:
- Sequences and reconstruction algorithms.
- Product level reconstruction software development.
- Spectrometer, data acquisition, and system level architecture and design.
- RF subsystems transmit and receive.
- System analysis, calibration and field compensation algorithms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a strategic liaison and advisor to our parent company, Canon Medical Systems Corporation (CMSC) regarding the technology roadmap to meet business goals.
- In collaboration with CMSC, define research and development programs to deliver key technology to fulfill MR business initiatives
- Participate in the review of new product technology opportunities. Recommend resource assignments in support of business and development initiatives.
- Provide scientific and business input to executives, project leads, direct reports and staff working on all MR projects.
- Advise on solutions to complex scientific or business problems or issues arising during development of research programs.
- Ensure a high-performing MR team through effective recruiting, training and coaching of employees.
- Direct and lead the MR management team:
- Manager, MR Methods Development
- Manager, MR Software
- Manager, MR Systems
- Ph.D. in Physics, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or graduate degree and equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years of comparable professional and technical job experience.
- Prior positions that involve general management of technical teams.
- Broad MR physics knowledge.
- Proven success in building and leading technical teams and developing talent.
- Experience working in an international organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate (verbal, written, listening).
- Proven ability to proactively develop strategy and effectively and efficiently execute strategy through team members.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong ties to product development engineering and business leaders.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required.