Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU, awarded the 2016 Seal of Distinction award from WorldatWork®, is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
CMRU has an immediate opening for a Electrical Hardware Engineer (Intern) to work alongside our Engineers and Technicians in the design, development and testing of hardware products and deliverables.
- Testing Hardware
- Create, enhance, and execute manual and automated test plans to ensure that electronics, mechanical hardware, and software meet specified quality standards.
- Perform exploratory testing on new designs to identify unanticipated problems and test need.
- Conduct functional tests on electrical, mechanical, and software to ensure products function as anticipated.
- Conduct tests to gauge reliability and durability of designs.
- Compile data and prepare written documentation regarding existing or potential hardware engineering projects.
- Build experimental circuitry or complete prototype models according to engineering instructions, technical manuals, and knowledge of electronic systems and components.
- Assemble/disassemble complex imaging equipment.
- PCB and test equipment inventory resolution.
The ideal candidate is a full-time student at a four-year ABET accredited college or university working towards a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical EE/ME.
Experience and Key Competencies
- Experience with MS office tools including spreadsheets.
- Experienced working with test equipment such as meters, oscilloscopes, analyzers, etc.
- Problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Detail orientated
- Multitasking a plus
- Pluses: Used, been trained in or familiarity with:
- Schematic capture
- PCB layout
- Internal documentation tools (e.g. source code control, issue tracking, document control, etc.)
This is a full-time, temporary position that requires a commitment of:
- 3–4 months (6 weeks minimum)
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday–Friday onsite during regular business hours.