Cleveland (Mayfield Village), OhioCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for a Gradient Systems Engineer in our Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) business unit. This engineer will develop MR Gradient systems and components. Primarily, this position leads the design and development of MR scanners.
- Analyzes the MR gradient system by modeling and conducting experiments for system performance optimization and design innovation.
- Defines the system requirements and specifications by analyzing clinical and marketing requirements and considering various constraints, such as functionalities, performance, quality, time, resource and cost. Contributes to the gradient system design to implement requirements.
- Creates system architecture documentation and testing procedures.
- Maintain and extend necessary knowledge and skills of technology trends, system development, etc.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in the relevant area of specialization (Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering)
- 3+ years related work experience in applicable MR gradient systems, physics, etc.
- Experience in MR product development, including basic knowledge of medical device quality management systems.
- Practical experience in MR gradient system hardware and software development projects, including designing to characterize system performance.
- Knowledge of MR physics and technology, especially gradient systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as demonstrating initiative and teamwork in the multi-organizational team.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, patents, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Effectively present information to and answer questions from colleagues, managers, cross-functional technical groups and senior management.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (up to 10% of time)