Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU, awarded the 2016 Seal of Distinction award from WorldatWork®, is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Positions
CMRU has immediate openings for interns in our X-Ray, Molecular Imaging and Computer Tomography (CT) modalities located in Vernon Hills, a northern suburb of Chicago, IL. The intern period is from twelve weeks up to nine months. During the internship, you will be mentored by leading experts in the field to gain hands-on experience to help validate products and explore the full potential for various clinical applications and features.
We are seeking candidates who are pursuing their Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Image and Signal Processing, Physics, or equivalent.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in tomographic reconstruction, X-ray physics modeling, CT data corrections, molecular imaging, or other imaging-related fields.
- Knowledge of clinical applications and anatomy is a plus.
- Proficiency in scientific programing languages such as C and Matlab.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Proven ability to work and interact comfortably in a team culture with internal customers of various levels of technical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
This is a full-time, temporary position that requires a commitment of:
- 3–9 months in an intern relationship.
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday–Friday onsite during regular business hours.