Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, CMRU is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) has an immediate opening for Interventional Systems Scientist to participate in addressing problems related to interventional imaging systems and X‑ray image formation.
- Develop and validate advanced data correction algorithms, such as beam hardening correction, scatter correction, artifact correction, etc.
- Evaluate and develop advanced reconstruction algorithms, including both analytical and statistical methods.
- Develop advanced image processing techniques to refine image quality.
- Evaluate X‑ray system performance and perform quantitative image assessment.
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partners in various research projects. Contribute to corporate intellectual property portfolio.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science in Image and Signal processing or equivalent.
- The ideal candidate will have minimum four (4) years related experience and/or training, preferably in a product development environment; academic or research settings will be considered as well. Competitive salary based on level of experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to write presentations and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisor, groups, and/or senior management.
- X‑ray physics
- Understanding of the image formation process, including corrections and various techniques to manage noise and spatial resolution
- Understanding of tomographic reconstruction
- Basic understanding of machine learning is a plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Programming language (C/C++), Scientific Programming (Matlab), and software for creating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Some national and international travel may be required.
Our facility is located in Vernon Hills, IL, a northern suburb of Chicago. CMRU prides itself on creating an atmosphere that is conducive to creativity and promotes an effective work/life balance. As a CMRU employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Our facility is located in Vernon Hills, IL, a northern suburb of Chicago.
CMRU prides itself on creating an atmosphere that is conducive to creativity and promotes an effective work/life balance. As a CMRU employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).