Cambridge (Boston), MA
CANON MEDICAL RESEARCH USA, INC.
is currently hiring for our ADVANCE Internship Program
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is proud to announce the launch of our 2024 ADVANCE internship program. Students will contribute at the forefront of innovation in medical imaging working alongside leading scientists and engineers as we develop and deliver the latest technology to our parent company Canon Medical Systems Corporation.
The ADVANCE Program is a structured program with goals and expectations designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience by participating in significant work projects. Students will take on assignments throughout the term related to CMRU project needs depending on their skills and interests. The goal of these activities is to make important contributions to CMRU programs while at the same time significantly advancing the student’s professional and personal development.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU is looking for a qualified intern to join our Collaborative Innovation Center (CIC) team and work alongside our scientists, engineers, and medical partners in the design, development, and testing of our new machine learning based imaging technologies. Students will be mentored to gain hands-on experience to medical imaging methods and contribute to novel AI concepts. This position offers a great opportunity to see how your contributions can improve patient care.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of AI/machine-learning, predictive algorithms for clinical decision support using mammography datasets.
- Implement and develop literature CNN-based methods.
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams to enhance the performance of CNNs in breast cancer using mammography.
- Apply an evaluation strategy leading to scientifically sound conclusions supported by statistical rigor.
- Summarizing and reporting results in the form of written reports and presentations.
- The ideal candidate is a full-time graduate student at an accredited college or university working towards a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Medical Physics, or related field in STEM.
- Experience in developing and debugging advanced CNN algorithms.
- Proficient in Python.
- Proficiency with TensorFlow deep learning library.
- Hands-on experience applying image processing/computer vision techniques on medical imaging data.
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions quickly.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated to learn new things.
- Driven and hard-working.
- Ability to take direction and multi-task.
Time and Location Commitment
- This position is temporary, full-time and requires a commitment of 12 weeks, 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. The term can be adjusted somewhat to accommodate the academic calendar on an as needed basis.
- This position is based in CMRU’s office in Cambridge (Boston), Massachusetts.
- Accepting applications from local candidates only.
- Depending on the situation during the internship period, students may work remotely, but must be able to come on-site daily based on the needs of the projects and business requirements.
- Students must be working towards a M.S. or Ph.D.
- Student must have taken several related courses in the filed in which they will be assigned.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Students are responsible for securing their housing.