Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, CMRU is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) has an immediate opening for a Manager, Clinical Research to manage a team of clinical research scientists and research application specialists in establishing local clinical research programs, representing Canon's scientific interests, and investigating clinical trends within the medical imaging community.
- Determine clinical research priorities at luminary and Clinical Partner sites.
- Report on clinical trends and luminary progress in North America.
- Coordinate scientific efforts for multicenter clinical trials.
- Advise advanced applications group and engineering teams in Japan on product development.
- Manager Clinical Research team, ensuring project/department milestones/goals are met and adherence to the team's travel and materials budget is maintained.
- Communicate with local subsidiaries to maintain uniform message to users and to gather information about market trends Supervise 4–7 exempt individual contributor employees including making staffing decisions, setting team objectives, establishing budgets, etc.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Medical Physics, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent field plus 4– 10 years related experience preferably in a university hospital setting; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- 3+ years management experience preferred.
- Medical imaging expertise: CT, XR, or fluoroscopy
- Knowledge of clinical applications and the role of imaging in disease management
- Adequate knowledge of modern project management and documentation tools
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to write presentations and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisor, groups, and/or senior management.
- X-ray physics
- Understanding of the image formation process, including corrections and various techniques to manage noise and spatial resolution
- Understanding of tomographic reconstruction
- Basic understanding of machine learning is a plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of Programming language (C/C++), Scientific Programming (Matlab), and software for creating documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Some national and international travel may be required.
Our facility is located in Vernon Hills, IL, a suburb approximately 35 miles northwest of Chicago. CMRU prides itself on creating an atmosphere that is conducive to creativity and promotes an effective work/life balance. As a CMRU employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Our facility is located in Vernon Hills, IL, a suburb approximately 35 miles northwest of Chicago.
CMRU prides itself on creating an atmosphere that is conducive to creativity and promotes an effective work/life balance. As a CMRU employee, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).