Mayfield Village (Cleveland), Ohio Vernon Hills (Chicago), Illinois RemoteCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and X-ray systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for a Manager, MR Software in our Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) business unit. The software development team is based in Mayfield Village, Ohio an eastern suburb of Cleveland. The position is open for placement in Mayfield Village or the Company’s home office in Vernon Hills, Illinois, a northern suburb of Chicago. Remote employment options will also be considered.
The Manager, MR Software will manage personnel responsible for the development of new MRI technologies for Canon Medical MRI scanners. A key role for this position will be leading small teams to develop reconstruction software to support clinical MR methods. The Manager, MR Software is expected to provide technical leadership regarding software design and development best practices.
- Oversee deliverables from MR software team including source code, documentation, and reports
- Recruit, hire, train, and grow the careers of software team members
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to translate customer needs into feature requirements, design, and test specification documents
- Work closely with management team members to ensure resources, schedules, and deliverables are coordinated with the development roadmap
- Lead design and development work to improve MR product reconstruction framework to accelerate product deployment, simplify maintenance, and improve testability of reconstruction algorithms
- Keep informed of technical trends in the software development field in order to contribute to future design discussions and software architecture and reconstruction hardware improvements
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in software engineering, computer science, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in developing software applications for industry, preferably in medical imaging
- 3+ years of technical leadership of multi-person projects including leading design, implementation, and testing
- Project management experience including requirements definition, task planning, scheduling, resource allocation, and delivery
- Demonstrated experience with complex software systems, especially in medical imaging
- Strong C++ and Matlab/Python programming skills with knowledge of object-oriented principles
- Strong understanding of software development principles and tools, covering full software development life cycle – requirements, design, testing, integration
- Demonstrated ability in continued development of existing software, including knowledge of design and code refactoring
- Proven ability to be a self-motivated, proactive, productive, and flexible team member
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in medical device industry
- Management of software developer direct reports
- Working with multinational, non-collocated development teams
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (up to 10% of time)