Vernon Hills (Chicago), ILCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and X-ray systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for a Manager, Translational Technology Research to manage a team of research scientists to assist in the development of new products and applications.
- Work with CMRU researchers to develop research studies to determine technical trade-offs and clinical priorities with regard to products under development.
- Translate technical understanding of key issues to studies which can be addressed by clinicians.
- Execute studies and report on conclusions and follow on studies.
- Report on clinical trends which have an impact on existing product portfolio.
- Advise advanced applications group and engineering teams in Japan on product development.
- Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adherence to the team’s travel and materials budget is maintained.
- Supervise 2-3 exempt individual contributor employees including making staffing decisions, setting team objectives, establishing budgets, etc.
- Communicate with researcher to understand issues with technology under development and use that understanding to develop a research program answer the researcher’s questions.
- Ability to effectively present information to manager, groups, and/or senior management.
- Ph.D. in Medical Physics, Physics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent field; 3+ years’ experience in research and development in development of algorithms or systems.
- Medical imaging expertise: CT, PET, XR, or fluoroscopy.
- Adequate knowledge of project management and documentation tools.
- Some national and international travel may be required.