Vernon Hills (Chicago), IllinoisCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, X-ray and Ultrasound systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CMRU has an immediate opening for a Manager, Ultrasound to provide strategic, scientific, management, and business recommendations related to all CMRU Ultrasound activities.
Key responsibilities include supervision of resources within and outside of the company for advanced development projects including timely completion to the highest quality; recommendation (and review) of all project proposals and plans for customer needs, business impact, reaction to important UL trends, and effective development process; liaison and adviser to executive management. Must be familiar with the essential components of UL systems with a focus on image formation and the ability to recommend algorithms.
- Supervise advanced ultrasound development programs.
- Serve as strategic liaison and adviser to CMSC in meeting their development and business goals.
- Participate in the review of new product technology opportunities and initiatives.
- Recommend resource assignments in support of business and development initiatives.
- Provide scientific and business input to executives, project leads, direct reports and staff working on all ultrasound related projects.
- Advise on solutions to complex scientific or business problems or issues arising during development or research programs.
- Prepare and/or review data and information for regulatory submissions.
- Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, physics or related field, and 10+ years of relevant ultrasound systems experience.
- Deep understanding of ultrasound systems with emphasis on hardware and software related to image formation.
- Understanding of machine learning and its impact on future systems.
- Understanding of system architecture and software organization within systems.
- 3+ years of technical leadership of multi-person projects including leading design, implementation, and testing.
- Project management experience including requirements definition, task planning, scheduling, resource allocation, and delivery.
- Strong communication skills with business & technology executives (VP, CTO, COO, CIO, Business Division Leads). Ability to present technical concepts and/or programs in a clear and concise manner.
- Organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated to be straightforward, approachable, and easy to work with.
- Demonstrated flexibility accepting some variation in role and assignments.
- Hybrid remote based in the Vernon Hills/Chicagoland area.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)