Mayfield Village, OH (Eastern suburb of Cleveland)
is currently hiring for our ADVANCE Internship Program
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is proud to announce the launch of our 2020 ADVANCE internship program. Students will contribute at the forefront of innovation in medical imaging working alongside leading scientists and engineers as we develop and deliver the latest technology to our parent company Canon Medical Systems Corporation.
The ADVANCE Program is a structured program with goals and expectations designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience by participating in significant work projects. Students will take on assignments throughout the term related to CMRU project needs depending on their skills and interests. The goal of these activities is to make important contributions to CMRU programs while at the same time significantly advancing the student’s professional and personal development. The program runs either 12 weeks during the summer term or 26 weeks during the summer and fall terms. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours a week, paid internship.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU is looking for a qualified intern to join our MR Methods team and work alongside our Scientists and Engineers in the design, development, and testing of new MRI pulse sequence and reconstruction technologies for Canon Medical MRI scanners.
- Research and develop advanced pulse sequences and reconstruction algorithms for new feature development of Canon’s MR products.
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to translate customer needs into feature requirements, design, and test specification documents.
- Evaluate new features for image quality and performance.
EducationThe ideal candidate is a full-time student at a university working towards a M.S. or Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Physics or related field.
Experience & Key Competencies
- Experience in working with raw- and/or image-domain medical imaging data.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of MR physics.
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Self-motivated to learn new things
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Highly curious about how things work
- Pluses: Used, been trained in, or familiarity with:
- Machine learning methods (e.g. convolutional neural networks)
- Internal documentation tools (e.g. source code control, issue tracking, document control, etc.)
Time CommitmentThis is a full-time, temporary position that requires a commitment of 26 weeks (Term 2: Summer and Fall) and 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday onsite during regular business hours. The term can be adjusted somewhat to accommodate the academic calendar on an as needed basis.
- Students must be working towards a graduate degree (M.S. or Ph.D.).
- Students must have taken several related courses in the field in which they will be assigned.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Students are responsible to secure their own housing. CMRU will provide a few housing options located nearby our offices.