Mayfield Village (Cleveland), Ohio
CANON MEDICAL RESEARCH USA, INC.
is currently hiring for our ADVANCE Internship Program
The ADVANCE Program is a structured program with goals and expectations designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience by participating in significant work projects. Students will take on assignments throughout the term related to CMRU project needs depending on their skills and interests. The goal of these activities is to make important contributions to CMRU programs while at the same time significantly advancing the student’s professional and personal development. The program runs either 12 weeks during the summer term or 26 weeks during the summer and fall terms. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours a week, paid internship.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU is looking for an intern to join our MR Methods team and work alongside our scientists, engineers, and applications specialist in the design, development, and testing of new MRI pulse sequence and reconstruction technologies for Canon Medical MR scanners. Students will be mentored to gain hands-on experience to develop products and contribute to the next generation of Canon MR systems. This position offers a great opportunity to see how your contributions can improve patient care.
- Develop advanced reconstruction algorithms (model-based and ML) for new features on Canon MR systems
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to evaluate image quality and performance
- Summarize work in the form of reports and presentations
EducationThe ideal candidate is a full-time graduate student at an accredited college or university working towards a Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Medical Physics, or related STEM field.
Experience & Key Competencies
- Experience developing and debugging advanced image reconstruction algorithms for MRI
- Demonstrated knowledge of MR physics
- Proficient in Matlab and/or Python
- Comfortable working collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Time CommitmentThis is a full-time, temporary position that requires a commitment of 12 weeks and 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday onsite during regular business hours. Depending on the situation during the internship period, students may work offsite but must be able to come onsite daily as needed. The term can be adjusted somewhat to accommodate the academic calendar as needed.
- Students must be working towards a M.S. or Ph.D.
- Students must have taken several related courses in the field in which they will work.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Students are responsible to secure their own housing.