Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU, awarded the 2016 Seal of Distinction award from WorldatWork®, is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
CMRU has an immediate opening for a Network Technician (Intern) in our IT department located in Vernon Hills, a northern suburb of Chicago, IL.
The Network Technician will provide front-line IT support over the phone or in person to CMRU staff. They will deploy custom PCs and various other IT hardware/software, automate and document processes and procedures.
- Provide IT helpdesk support, including setting up and configuring PCs, laptops and related hardware/software.
- Install and/or upgrade software packages.
- Test, administer and maintain PCs and laptops.
- Maintain active directory, perform DNS and DHCP administration, and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Implement, document, maintain and update new and existing IT processes, procedures, technology and tools to improve productivity.
- Work with the IT team on other projects as assigned.
- The ideal candidate is a full-time Junior, Senior or Graduate student currently working towards a degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field at a four-year accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of PC hardware, Operating System and computer networking basics.
- Ability to lift tower PCs and monitors.
- Basic understanding of firewall, switches and network cabling.
- Working knowledge of basic software packages, such as MS Office, MS Visio and Outlook.
- Proven ability to work and interact comfortably in a team culture with internal customers of various levels of technical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
This is a temporary, full-time position that requires a commitment of:
- 3–4 months (summer break).
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday–Friday onsite during regular business hours.