Vernon Hills (Chicago), IL
CANON MEDICAL RESEARCH USA, INC.
is currently hiring for our ADVANCE Internship Program
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is proud to announce the launch of our 2024 ADVANCE internship program. Students will contribute at the forefront of innovation in medical imaging working alongside leading scientists and engineers as we develop and deliver the latest technology to our parent company Canon Medical Systems Corporation.
The ADVANCE Program is a structured program with goals and expectations designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience by participating in significant work projects. Students will take on assignments throughout the term related to CMRU project needs depending on their skills and interests. The goal of these activities is to make important contributions to CMRU programs while at the same time significantly advancing the student’s professional and personal development.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU is looking for a qualified intern to join our detector team to work alongside our scientists and engineers on exciting projects using latest technology for medical imaging. Students will be mentored by leading experts in the field to gain hands-on experience of the latest detector technologies and contribute to the development of next generation Positron Emission Tomography (PET) systems. It offers a great opportunity to see how your research ideas can come to life and make a difference in countries around the world.
RESPONSIBILITIESHelp set up or improve test benches for new PET detectors. Carry out experiments using test bench or in a system to characterize the detector performance. Analyze data, develop calibration and data processing algorithms.
- The ideal candidate is a full-time graduate student at an accredited college or university working towards a M.S. or Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Medical Physics, Physics or related field in STEM.
- Good understanding of radiation detection physics and working principles of PET.
- Hands-on experience in instrumentation and benchtop experiments.
- Good data analysis and reporting skills.
- Familiar with common programming languages and analytical software: C/C++/Python/MATLAB/ROOT, etc.
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Self-motivated to learn new things
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Highly curious about how things work
Time and Location Commitment
- This position is temporary, full-time and require a commitment of 12 weeks, 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. The term can be adjusted somewhat to accommodate the academic calendar on an as needed basis.
- The position is based in CMRU’s main office in Vernon Hills (Chicago), Illinois.
- A hybrid work schedule will allow the ideal candidates the flexibility to work from home on some days and from the office on other days based on the needs of the project and business requirements.
- Students must be working towards a M.S. or Ph.D.
- Student must have taken several related courses in the filed in which they will be assigned.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Students are responsible for securing their housing.