Vernon Hills (Chicago), IL/Remotely
CANON MEDICAL RESEARCH USA, INC.
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is proud to announce the launch of our 2021 ADVANCE internship program. Students will contribute at the forefront of innovation in medical imaging working alongside leading scientists and engineers as we develop and deliver the latest technology to our parent company Canon Medical Systems Corporation.
is currently hiring for our ADVANCE Internship Program
The ADVANCE Program is a structured program with goals and expectations designed to provide students with an opportunity to gain hands-on work experience by participating in significant work projects. Students will take on assignments throughout the term related to CMRU project needs depending on their skills and interests. The goal of these activities is to make important contributions to CMRU programs while at the same time significantly advancing the student’s professional and personal development. The program runs either 12 weeks during the summer term or 26 weeks during the summer and fall terms. This is a full-time, 37.5 hours a week, paid internship.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU is looking for a qualified intern to join our PET Image Reconstruction team and work alongside our Scientists and Software Engineers. The student will work on exciting projects using the latest machine learning technologies for medical imaging. Mentored by leading experts in the field, the student will gain hand-on experience of advanced medical imaging algorithms research and contribute to the development of next generation PET/CT products. This position offers a great opportunity to see how your research ideas can come to life and be used to solve real world problems.
RESPONSIBILITIESResearch, develop and prototype advanced machine learning algorithms to improve PET/CT imaging workflow and image quality.
EducationThe ideal candidate is a full-time student at an accredited college or university working towards a M.S. degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering or a related field in STEM.
Experience & Key Competencies
- Hand-on experience various deep learning frameworks, i.e. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or MatConvNet.
- Good understanding in image reconstruction, registration or segmentation.
- Hand-on coding experience and ability to quickly prototype.
- A proven publication record in leading imaging conferences and journals.
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Self-motivated to learn new things
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Highly curious about how things work
Time CommitmentThis is a full-time, temporary position that requires a commitment of 12 weeks (Term 1: Summer) or 26 weeks (Term 2: Summer and Fall) and 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday working remotely during regular business hours. The term can be adjusted somewhat to accommodate the academic calendar on an as needed basis.
- Students must be working towards a Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
- Students must have taken several related courses in the field in which they will be assigned.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
- Students must be eligible to work in the U.S.