Vernon Hills, IL, USA
The research team at Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to work on positron emission tomography (PET) instrumentation. Targeted projects include detector design and characterization for a Brain PET scanner, as well as detector development for future Canon PET scanners. Anticipated start date is immediate. The initial appointment is for one year, another two-year renewal expected if progress is satisfactory.
As part of Canon Medical Systems Corporation, CMRU is Canon’s multi-modality R&D center that designs the next generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and X-Ray systems.
The candidate should have a Ph.D. in either Physics, Engineering or a related field, with focus on detector design and characterization. The successful candidate is expected to have the following skills:
- Solid knowledge in radiation detection, have a good knowledge of PET physics
- Familiar with photodetectors, especially silicon photomultiplier (SiPM)
- Familiar with hardware lab instruments
- Familiar with programming, scripting and automation, e.g. C/C++, Python, LabVIEW
- Good capability to do data analysis, interpretation and presentation
Preferred qualifications further include one or more of the following:
- Good teamwork spirit and a collaboration and teaching orientation
- Experience in PCB design
- Experience in SPICE simulation
- Experience in mechanical design