Cleveland (Mayfield Village), Ohio
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Research and develop advanced reconstruction algorithms for new feature development of Canon’s MR products
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to translate customer needs into feature requirements, design, and test specification documents
- Generate intellectual property (patents and/or publications)
- Research technical trends in the industrial and medical communities in order to develop future product strategy
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, software engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, medical physics, or equivalent; or 3-5+ years related experience
- Significant experience in developing reconstruction algorithms for medical imaging
- Strong Matlab/Python and C++ programming and debugging skills with knowledge of object-oriented principles
- Prior industry experience in developing medical imaging applications
- Demonstrated experience in developing reconstruction algorithms, preferably MR, including model-based, iterative methods
- Strong understanding of image processing algorithms and medical imaging physics
- For a given problem, ability to recognize a set of appropriate mathematical algorithms to be investigated, and practical knowledge of implementing algorithms
- Practical experience in designing high performance image processing software, including use of advanced hardware like GPUs
- Proven ability to be a proactive, productive, and flexible team member
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and driven by innovation and creativity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially cross-discipline
- Engineering experience, including software development
- Formal training in computer programming
- Experience working in industry
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)