Cleveland (Mayfield Village), OhioCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for a Research Scientist in our Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) business unit located in Mayfield Village, an eastern suburb of Cleveland, Ohio.
The Research Scientist will research, design, prototype, and productize new MR technologies. A key role for this scientist will be working in small teams to develop advanced acquisition and reconstruction methods to support Canon Medical MR scanners.
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to design, develop, and test advanced acquisition and reconstruction methods for new features on Canon Medical MR scanners
- Research and report on technical trends in the medical imaging community in order to guide future product strategy
- Generate intellectual property (patents and publications)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, medical physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent; or 3-5+ years related experience
- Strong understanding and demonstrated application of MR physics
- Significant experience in MR pulse sequence design and/or medical imaging reconstruction
- Strong Matlab/Python and C++ programming and debugging experience
- Record of relevant patents and/or peer-reviewed publications
- Experience operating an MR scanner
- Prior industry experience in developing medical imaging applications
- Strong knowledge of MR physics and applications
- Proven ability to continually grow technical knowledge and skills
- Capability to assess the potential of new technologies to improve patient care
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially cross-discipline
- Proven ability to be a proactive, productive, and flexible team member
- Results-oriented and driven by innovation and creativity
- Ability to develop using GPUs and other high-performance computing platforms
- Formal training in computer programming
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)