Vernon Hills (Chicago), ILCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and X-ray systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for a Senior Hardware Engineer to work alongside our Scientists and Software Engineers. This engineering position is tasked with working independently on the design, development and support of moderate to complex electronic hardware for deployment on printed circuit boards (PCBs) in the medical imaging equipment space.
- Perform circuit, sub-system and board-level design to meet design requirements and specifications.
- Perform design realization activities including schematic capture, layout oversight, layout collaboration and design constraint, product fabrication support, implementation and testing.
- Author technical documents, specifications, requirements, reports and diagrams for development efforts.
- Perform electronic circuit diagnostics, testing and debugging tasks, including defect isolation and identification along with solution recommendations.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of science and engineering peers to develop designs.
- Provide design and project planning estimates involving cost, schedule and effort.
- Work with external organizations as needed for items related to project completion.
- Provide oversight, guidance and direction to technicians regarding design, testing and best practices.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a four-year ABET accredited college or university.
- Accumulated related hardware development experience through 7+ years of experience and training.
- Board and circuit level design.
- Analog design proficiency and simulation skills.
- Designing with multiple integrated power converter circuits and complex PDN architectures.
- FPGA board design.
- High-speed serial data circuit design.
- Designing with PLL and clocking circuits.
- Designing with standard serial data protocols.
- Digital logic design and familiarity with multiple logic families.
- Cadence experience, VHDL/SW skills and ME acumen a plus.
- Understanding of complex problems and problem-solving skills.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the electrical engineering field.
- Attention to Detail.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Verbal/Written Communication.
- Teamwork – collaboration.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (up to 10% of time)