Vernon Hills, IllinoisCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for a Senior or Principal Software Engineer in our Molecular Imaging (PET) business unit located in Vernon Hills, a northern suburb of Chicago, Illinois. As a Senior or Principal Software Engineer at CMRU, you have the opportunity to participate in the research and development of Canon's next generation medical imaging systems. You will develop computer software supplying data acquisition, image reconstruction and signal processing functions for advanced features, system prototypes, and practical products to be transferred to Canon Medical Systems Corporation for commercialization. You will work under the technical supervision of a team leader, in cross-disciplinary project groups, and on ad-hoc teams supporting investigations and advanced development.
- Work along side scientists and engineers to develop and refine software design, requirements and specifications.
- Formulate software design using industry best practices and document it appropriately.
- Implement and document your software designs.
- Design and execute unit-level testing and contribute to system-level test planning.
- Develop innovation design approaches and contribute to the corporate IP portfolio.
EducationThe ideal candidate has a B.S. or M.S. in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent; with 5+ years of related development experience in an industry setting.
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills with knowledge of object-oriented design (OOD) principles and techniques.
- Understanding of computer architectural principles.
- Experience in:
- Designing software for multi-threaded and/or multi-processing environments, including parallel processing.
- Mathematics and scientific algorithm implementation and optimization.
- Pluses: Used, been trained in or familiar with:
- Graphics Processing Units (GPU).
- Biomedical image reconstruction and processing.
- MATLAB or IDL.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and find solutions quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and detail-orientated
- Driven by innovation and creativity
- Hard working and self-motivated to learn new things
- Ability to take direction and multi-task