Vernon Hills (Chicago), IllinoisCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating nextgeneration medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, X-ray and Ultrasound systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for either an entry-level or senior-level Reconstruction Scientist in our CT business unit. The successful candidate will work with a world class algorithm team to perform research and development of advanced CT image reconstruction algorithms, image quality optimizations, advanced workflows, and other advanced CT research topics.
- Develop advanced algorithms to improve current products’ image quality and workflow.
- Work with cross functional teams in new product introduction.
- Develop advanced algorithms for next generation products including Photon Counting CT.
- Develop and validate X-ray physics models in CT systems.
- Collaborate with clinical application team to evaluate and refine image quality.
- Collaborate with academic and industrial partners in various research projects.
- Contribute to corporate intellectual property portfolio.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Engineering Physics, Medical Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or related STEM field, plus 3+ years of relevant experience for the entry-level candidate or 5+ years of relevant experience for the senior-level candidate.
- Tomographic reconstruction, X-ray physics modeling, CT data correction, in a product development environment or academic research settings.
- Strong knowledge of inverse problem, numerical algorithm and statistics.
- Hands-on experience of machine learning/artificial intelligence is strongly preferred. Familiar with at least one Deep Learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Tensorflow, and MatConvnet.
- Strong analytical and programming (C/C++/ Python/ MATLAB, etc) skills.
- Knowledge of CT clinical applications is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to be a self-motivated, proactive, productive, and flexible team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to work in group and to report concisely and clearly to management.
- Hybrid remote based in the Vernon Hills/Chicagoland area.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)