Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
CMRU has an immediate openings for a Senior Software Engineer in our new Platform Component Technologies & Systems (PCTS) group in our Vernon Hills, IL office. This senior software engineer (Devops/Cloud) will design and develop continuous delivery systems and cloud computing infrastructure supporting network-centric medical imaging applications. Successful applicants will be expected to architect and implement continuous delivery systems; and, integrate applicable cloud computing technologies into medical imaging products.
- Design and develop continuous delivery systems and lead ongoing improvements to SDLC workflows.
- Work with senior and technical leadership to evaluate, recommend and deploy cloud-computing infrastructure.
- Execute all phases of system development lifecycle (SDLC) for assigned projects.
- Contribute to design and implementation of system architectures.
- Contribute to SDLC workflow improvements.
B.A, B.S. or equivalent in a Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics (STEM) field: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics are preferred. Advanced degrees in those fields are desirable.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- At least 5 years of experience automating workflows and application development for the cloud.
- Must have demonstrated software engineering expertise; Devops automation and/or cloud- based application development experience is strongly preferred.
- Application lifecycle management (ALM), workflow automation tooling (i.e., tools automating, build, release, deployment, and verification).
- Cloud infrastructure: containers, orchestration, load balancing, HA distributed databases etc.
- Significant expertise with SW engineering toolchains: e.g. Configuration management, IDE's, Debuggers, Test Frameworks, etc.
- Expertise with Python; good working knowledge of C/C++.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Effective collaboration and teamwork.