Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
CMRU has an immediate openings for a Senior Software Engineer in our new Platform Component Technologies & Systems (PCTS) group in our Vernon Hills, IL office. This senior software engineer (GFX) will develop rendering infrastructure supporting real-time graphics for diagnostic and interventional medical imaging applications and will be expected to develop high performance rendering frameworks, services and/or applications.
- Develop rendering or other UI infrastructure for future imaging systems.
- Execute all phases of system development lifecycle (SDLC) for assigned projects.
- Determine technical feasibility with respect to new graphics technologies, designs, etc.
- Contribute to specification and design of systems architectures.
- Contribute to SDLC workflow improvements.
B.A, B.S. or equivalent in a Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics (STEM) field: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics are preferred. Advanced degrees in those fields are desirable.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- At least 10 years of experience developing high-performance graphics infrastructure and applications in commercial settings with demonstrated software engineering expertise. Experience developing products for real-time scientific visualization, avionics, gaming or industry requiring HP graphics is strongly preferred.
- Significant expertise with OpenGL, DirectX12 or Vulkan (Vulkan experience preferred).
- Experience with Qt, or similar preferred (knowledge of Qt internals a plus).
- Significant expertise with SW engineering toolchains: e.g. Configuration management, IDE’s, Debuggers, Test Frameworks, etc.
- Significant expertise with C/C++; working knowledge of Python a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Effective collaboration and teamwork.