Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
CMRU has an immediate openings for a Senior Software Engineer in our new Platform Component Technologies & Systems (PCTS) group in our Vernon Hills, IL office. This software engineer will develop platform and communications infrastructure supporting network-centric, diagnostic and interventional medical imaging applications and will be expected to develop and optimize communications frameworks, components; and, integrate communications infrastructure with a variety of devices and/or embedded systems.
- Develop platform and communications infrastructure for future imaging systems. This may include driver development, middleware integration, performance tuning etc.
- Execute all phases of system development lifecycle (SDLC) for assigned projects.
- Contribute to specification and design of systems architectures.
- Determine technical feasibility with respect to new platform/communication technologies, designs, etc.
- Contribute to SDLC workflow improvements.
B.A, B.S. or equivalent in a Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics (STEM) field: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics are preferred. Advanced degrees in those fields are desirable.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- At least 10 years of experience developing communications and/or platform infrastructure in commercial settings with demonstrated software engineering expertise.
- Significant expertise with Linux platform internals (kernel or driver development).
- Significant expertise with communications infrastructure for distributed applications (e.g., Network stack development, configuration, trouble shooting, middleware integration and performance tuning).
- Significant expertise with SW engineering toolchains: e.g. Configuration management, IDE's, Debuggers, Test Frameworks, etc.
- Significant expertise with C/C++; working knowledge of Python a plus.
- Embedded-system development experience a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Effective collaboration and teamwork.