Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
CMRU has an immediate openings for a Senior Software Engineer in our new Platform Component Technologies & Systems (PCTS) group in our Vernon Hills, IL office. This senior software engineer (UI) will design and develop UI-intensive software tools and applications for medical imaging applications and devices. Successful applicants will work with clinical or technical staff to create visual and interaction designs; evaluate their usability; and then, develop corresponding applications.
- Design and propose user interfaces (UI's) for applications by working with appropriate stakeholders.
- Prototype UI's for to verify feasibility and validate usability.
- Design and develop UI-intensive applications.
- Execute all phases of system development lifecycle (SDLC) for assigned projects.
- Contribute to design and implementation of system architectures.
- Contribute to SDLC workflow improvements.
B.A, B.S. or equivalent in a Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics (STEM) field: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics are preferred. Advanced degrees in those fields are desirable.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- At least 5 years of experience with UX and developing UI software in commercial settings.
- Candidates must demonstrate software engineering expertise. Development of products for scientific, engineering and/or medical applications is strongly preferred.
- Expertise with UI development and associated implementation technologies.
- Expertise with UI prototyping tools.
- Significant expertise with SW engineering toolchains: e.g. Configuration management, IDE's, Debuggers, Test Frameworks, etc.
- Expertise with Qt or similar UI framework (Qt experience preferable).
- Expertise with C/C++; working knowledge of Python a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Effective collaboration and teamwork.