Vernon Hills (Chicago), IllinoisCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating nextgeneration medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, X-ray and Ultrasound systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Senior Software Engineer for Ultrasound, you will design and develop software systems and components for future Canon Ultrasound products. You will work closely with architects and other developers to conceive, prototype and implement new software architectures, components or image processing algorithms. For assigned portions of system development, you will participate in the full system development lifecycle.
The successful candidate has proven experience working within engineering teams to bring software intensive systems to market successfully. Candidates must be comfortable working in both embedded and non-embedded environments. Medical device development experience is desirable, but experience working within other regulated industries or mission critical applications is valued.
- Collaborate with project technical leads and other hardware engineering groups to develop Ultrasound software.
- Responsible for executing entire software development lifecycle for assigned software prototypes and components: definition of technical requirements critical to quality, software design, software construction, software verification and validation.
- Responsible for establishing and/or following existing software development processes. Work closely with DevOps to automate construction and verification of software artifacts.
- B.S. or M.S. in the STEM field, such as computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, physics, and/or mathematics, and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in software design and development of mission-critical, real-time applications touching all aspects of the system development lifecycle.
- Proficient to expert with C/C++ development of real-time applications in both Linux and Windows environments. Experience with RUST is valued. Other toolchains will be considered provided: (1) projects interfaced with hardware and had soft/hard real-time performance requirements, and (2) proven ability to become expert in new tool chains quickly.
- Proficient to expert with supporting tools and processes as they relate to software engineering: version control, automated verification and validation and debugging.
- Medical develop development, especially in Ultrasound is preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate technical concepts, designs and issues to other engineers in the same or different disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize work; and estimate its effort.
- Demonstrated to be straightforward, approachable, and easy to work with.
- Demonstrated flexibility accepting some variation in role and assignments.
- Hybrid remote based in the Vernon Hills/Chicagoland area.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)