Vernon Hills, IL
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Summary of Position
CMRU has an immediate openings for a Senior Software Engineer in our new Platform Component Technologies & Systems (PCTS) group in our Vernon Hills, IL office. This senior software engineer (X-ray Image Processing) will develop high performance computing (HPC) applications for medical imaging, participating in the full application development lifecycle. Successful applicants will be expected to use their expertise to commercialize Canon Medical IP onto a HPC target environment in a manner that meets or exceeds all performance and quality objectives.
- Design and implement research imaging algorithms for production use within Canon equipment.
- Design, implement and maintain high performance computing (HPC) services.
- Execute all phases of system development lifecycle (SDLC) for assigned projects.
- Contribute to design and implementation of HPC within system architectures.
- Contribute to SDLC workflow improvements.
B.A, B.S. or equivalent in a Science, Engineering, Technology or Mathematics (STEM) field: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics are preferred. Advanced degrees in those fields are desirable.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- At least 5 years of experience developing software products in commercial settings and demonstrate software engineering expertise.
- Development of products for scientific, engineering and/or medical applications is strongly preferred.
- Significant expertise with image processing algorithm development.
- Significant expertise with GPU programing and GPU performance optimization (OPENCL, CUDA).
- Significant expertise with SW engineering toolchains: e.g. Configuration management, IDE's, Debuggers, Test Frameworks, etc.
- Significant expertise with C/C++; working knowledge of Python a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Effective collaboration and teamwork.