Cleveland (Mayfield Village), Ohio
Canon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
- Design, develop, and productize machine learning algorithms for the improvement of MR image quality
- Work on multi-disciplinary teams to translate customer needs into feature requirements, design, and test specification documents
- As part of the software team, conduct design and development work to improve MR product reconstruction framework to simplify product deployment of machine learning algorithms
- Keep informed of technical trends in the machine learning and medical imaging communities in order to contribute to future product strategy discussions
- M.S. or Ph.D. in software engineering, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, mathematics, medical physics, or equivalent; or 3+ years related experience
- Significant experience in developing machine learning applications for medical imaging
- Strong Matlab/Python and C++ programming and debugging skills with knowledge of object-oriented principles
- Experience in deployment of machine learning applications in product environment
- Practical experience in designing high performance software, including use of advanced hardware like GPUs.
- Demonstrated experience in developing machine learning based methods that use deep convolutional neural networks
- Practical experience in data curation, model investigation, training, evaluation, deployment, and maintenance with clear understanding of benefits and drawbacks of different design choices
- For a given problem, ability to recognize a set of appropriate machine learning models and plan their investigation
- Experience in using machine learning frameworks and libraries such as Keras, PyTorch, or MatConvNet
- Proven ability to be a proactive, productive, and flexible team member
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and driven by innovation and creativity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially cross-discipline
- Engineering experience, including software development
- Formal training in computer programming
- Experience working in industry
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time)