Vernon Hills (Chicago), ILCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, and X-ray systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of our organization and the scientific and engineering community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for a Research Scientist in our Translational Technology Research group located in Vernon Hills, IL, a northern suburb of Chicago, Illinois.
The Research Scientist will work closely with CMRU researchers and our Clinical Research Partners to assist in the development of new products and applications.
- Work with CMRU researchers to develop research studies to determine technical trade-offs and clinical priorities with regard to products under development.
- Translate the technical understanding of key issues to studies, which can be addressed by clinicians.
- Execute studies and report on conclusions and follow-on studies.
- Report on clinical trends which have an impact on the existing product portfolio.
- Advise advanced applications group and engineering teams in Japan on product development.
- Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, medical physics, electrical engineering or equivalent related experience
- Experience in research or product development in at least one imaging modality: CT, Fluoroscopy, MRI or PET.
- Hands-on experience developing research studies to assess algorithm and image quality performance.
- Record of relevant patents and/or peer-reviewed publications.
- Medical imaging expertise: CT, Fluoroscopy, MRI or PET with the ability to develop expertise across modalities.
- Expertise in medical imaging physics, image processing and image reconstruction.
- Ability to develop research studies to assess clinical image quality.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to interact and communicate effectively with Clinical Research Partners (doctors and medical physicists) and the Canon development team.
- Capability to assess the potential of new technologies to improve patient care.
- Results-oriented and driven by innovation and creativity.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel (10% of time).