Vernon Hills (Chicago), IL
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONCanon Medical Research USA, Inc. (CMRU) is a multi-modality R&D organization creating next-generation medical imaging systems. It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation, prototyping, hardware labs and scientific computing facilities in order to perform research targeted to pre-clinical and clinical CT, PET, MRI, X-ray and Ultrasound systems. For those who like to develop new technologies and research new ways of using them, Canon is a rewarding place to work, due to its focus on innovation as the lifeblood of new products.
CMRU is committed to recognizing and appreciating the variety of characteristics that make individuals unique in an atmosphere that promotes work/life balance and celebrates individual and collective achievement. We are especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute, through their experience, education, research and/or service, to the excellence and diversity of our organization and to the healthcare community at large.
CMRU offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
SUMMARY OF POSITIONCMRU has an immediate opening for either a Senior or Principal Scientist to participate in the research and development of Spectral CT systems using Photon Counting Detectors. Our research team investigates system and detector design, data acquisition methods and calibration algorithms.
- Develop and improve calibration algorithms for Spectral CT systems.
- Develop data processing and correction algorithms to improve image quality.
- Through modeling and experiments, optimize the system and detector design to achieve better system performance.
- Translate ideas into testable prototypes, product requirements and specifications in conjunction with engineers.
- Document, present and review new ideas, research details and present conclusions.
- Collaborate on conference presentations, published articles and patents.
- Ph.D. in a relevant area of specialization, including Physics, Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or the equivalent.
- More than 3 years of related work experience (post graduate) in imaging system or detector development, preferably in product development environment or 9+ years of related work experience if applying for a principal-level position. Experience in academic or research settings will be considered.
- Direct experience in the development of complex imaging or detector system, including detector design, construction, calibration and data processing.
- Direct experience in CdZnTe or CdTe detector development, photon-counting system design, and system calibrations are preferred.
- Experience in front end electronics or ASIC design is a plus.
- Experience in leading the technical development or managing a project is a plus.
- Expertise in medical imaging physics and radiation detection.
- Expertise in detector and system calibration and data processing.
- Expertise in system modeling and optimization.
- Expertise in testing hardware, ability to design, set-up and carry out experiments.
- Familiar with common programming languages and analytical software.
- This position is based in CMRU’s main office in Vernon Hills (Chicago), Illinois.
- A hybrid work schedule will allow the ideal candidate the flexibility to work from home on some days and from the office on other days based on the ongoing needs of the business.
- Ability to complete domestic and international travel up to 10% of time